We also had an expert panel's choice prize that went to Aider, who received a connected futures kit.
The five finalists of our 2018 challenge were:
- Aider – a mobile-first digital assistant for small businesses.
- Banqer – an online financial education platform for primary and intermediate students.
- Bosspac – a platform for freelancers, contractors and the self-employed to manage tax and government payments.
- MoneyCompare – free online financial product comparison service.
- Sharesies – an investment platform that makes investing easy.
Unfortunately Sharesies were unable to make it to present on the day due to unforeseen circumstances.
The five finalists were selected from a total of 18 high calibre entries from Kiwi fintech companies. Our selection panel noted that the quality of entrants this year was particularly strong.
Congratulations to our winners and a big thank you to everyone who participated in this year's challenge.